a lot easier to gain another sale or a referral from an existing customer
than it is to find a completely new customer. This is why you need to
keep in touch with existing and past customers. They may make a further
purchase, they may refer you to someone else or you may just want to
keep them as an ongoing client.
Either way, you need to keep in touch -
which you can do by post, by telephone, in person, by social media or by
email. The last two are easily the cheapest and most cost efficient ways
of doing this.
Advantages of using Email
Everyone has an email address nut not everybody uses Facebook or Twitter.
2. Genuine Email is personal and gets through 90% of the time while
Facebook and Twitter feeds are often flooded with information. An email arrives
in their inbox so they need to deal with it.
3. Email is better for business to business - it's more professional.
If you have 2,000 email subscribers, 2,000 Facebook fans and 2,000
followers on Twitter – this is what you will get:-
435 people will open your email
120 Facebook fans will see your message
40 Twitter followers will view your tweet.
5. According to the statistics, email also has a much higher
'click-through to your website' rate than wither Facebook or Twitter.
Advantages of using Twitter or
1. Your message is more easily passed on to others. For example, if
you have an offer on, this can be passed on to a lot of people who are not on
your 'list' within a very short time.
2. You get more engagement and conversation with social media. This
will build you a better brand and give you better feedback.
3. Social media posts can last longer than email and have the
ability to bring in returns for a longer period.